The incredible health properties of apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has a lot of properties that make it an excellent natural remedy, its use can bring incredible and healthy benefits to our health.
In English, there is a saying that says “An apple a day, keeps the doctor away” (which means: “An apple a day, keeps the doctor away”). This saying could also be applicable to apple cider vinegar: “A dose of apple cider vinegar a day keeps the doctor away.”
The vinegar cider is a type of vinegar is made from apples, and has a characteristic amber. For centuries, it has been used for many purposes: making pickles, eliminating weeds, dressing salads and other dishes, and even polishing armor.
It is rich in minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and copper, as well as vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C and E, bioflavonoids, and pectin. In addition, thanks to the acetic acid it contains, apple cider vinegar helps the body absorb the essential minerals from the food we eat.
10 healthy benefits of apple cider vinegar consumption
(Note: For best results, use organic, raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar).
1. – Control blood sugar levels
Our body produces insulin to control the level of sugar in our blood. The ant glycemic effects of apple cider vinegar help improve insulin sensitivity. People who have insulin resistance should take a dose of apple cider vinegar with each meal.
How to use apple cider vinegar to control blood sugar levels?
- Mix a small tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of filtered water.
- Drink this mixture 3 times a day to balance digestion, giving our body more time to process new sugars, and thus helping to keep our blood sugar levels more stable.
2. – Whiten your teeth
Apple cider vinegar offers a cheap and simple way to restore the white and natural shine of the teeth. In addition, it helps remove stains and kill bacteria in the mouth and gums.
How to use apple cider vinegar to whiten teeth?
- Gargle in the morning with apple cider vinegar and then brush your teeth regularly. Eating apples regularly also helps as the crunchy fruit rubs and cleans the teeth like a natural toothbrush.
3. – It is used to treat constipation
Apple cider vinegar contains pectin, a water-soluble fiber that stimulates bowel movements. This makes it a great treatment for constipation.
How to use apple cider vinegar for constipation?
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink 3 times a day. You can add apple or grape juice to the mix also to improve the taste.
4. – Promotes weight loss
Regular consumption of apple cider vinegar (raw and unfiltered) can also promote weight loss because it is rich in acetic acid. Studies carried out on the subject in obese people, found that obese people who consumed acetic acid daily for 12 weeks, had a significant decrease in body weight, abdominal fat, waist length, and triglycerides compared to those who did not consume it . Acetic acid also helps prevent the accumulation of body fat and certain liver fats.
How to use apple cider vinegar to lose weight?
- Use it as a dressing for your salads
5. – Nourishes the hair and eliminates dandruff
A solution of apple cider vinegar and water, mixed in equal parts, form a surprising natural conditioner. It helps nourish the hair, giving it that shine and soft texture that we like so much. It is also an effective natural remedy for dandruff. Apple cider vinegar destroys the fungus that causes dandruff and balances the pH of the scalp.
How to use apple cider vinegar to remove dandruff?
- For dandruff, we will mix equally in a glass or canister, apple cider vinegar with water. Once we have the solution ready, we will apply it on the scalp and let it take effect for at least 15 minutes, maximum 1 hour. After letting it stand, we will rinse with water. We can practice this remedies twice a week.
6. – Gives intense shine to the skin
Apple cider vinegar helps treat skin blemishes, reduces wrinkles and tones skin.
How to use apple cider vinegar for the skin?
- For spots(apple cider vinegar is a good natural astringent), soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar diluted in water and apply directly on imperfections, to dry them and help them heal.
- For wrinkles, soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar diluted in water and apply it directly on the areas we want to treat. Vinegar will help strengthen and fatten the skin to prevent and reduce wrinkles.
- To tone,mix half a cup of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water and apply the solution on the face. Regular use of this solution will help maintain the pH balance in the skin and prevent various types of infections.
7. – Fight leg cramps
Many people suffer from leg cramps (especially at night). Apple cider vinegar is rich in mineral content and helps reduce the frequency, intensity and pain of leg cramps.
How to use apple cider vinegar for leg cramps?
- When the cramp begins, we can drink some apple cider vinegar diluted in hot water. In a few minutes the cramps will decrease until they disappear altogether.
- We can also add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water with honey and drink the mixture little by little.
8. – It is used to treat colds and / or cough
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural remedies for the common cold, cough and / or sore throat.
How to use apple cider vinegar for colds?
- Mix in a glass a small spoonful of apple cider vinegar, one of honey, and another of hot water. Adding a little crushed or chopped ginger will furtherimprove the medicinal properties of the mixture.
- Drink a small spoonful of this mixture, 3 times a day, to relieve cough and nasal congestion.
9. – Fight infections
The antiseptic properties of apple cider vinegar make it an effective natural remedy when it comes to fighting bacterial and fungal infections. It is very useful in the treatment of ear, bladder or even candidiasis infections.
How to use apple cider vinegar for infections?
- For ear infection, rinse the ear with apple cider vinegar diluted in water.
- For bladder infection or candidiasis,drink a glass of warm water with 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar at night until the symptoms disappear.
10. – Reduce blood cholesterol
Studies carried out have shown that apple cider vinegar can help improve the blood lipid profile by lowering triglyceride levels and bad cholesterol (or low-density lipoprotein cholesterol), while increasing the Good cholesterol (or high-density lipoprotein cholesterol). Therefore, it plays a very important role in preventing complications resulting from diabetes.
The next time you go shopping, don’t forget to include some apple cider vinegar in your car!