COVID-19 is the official name that the WHO has given to the famous Coronavirus. This name change is due to the fact that coronaviruses are an extensive family of viruses (not a specific virus) that cause from the most common cold, to diseases such as MERS and SARS. Therefore, the WHO named this new strain belonging to the coronavirus family as COVID-19.
We have compiled a list of recommendations given by WHO prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your handsfrequently, either with a disinfectant or with soap and water to kill the virus if it is in your hands.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nosewith your elbow flexing or with a handkerchief and wash your hands.
- Try to maintain a social distanceof at least 1 meter with other people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, since we may have touched a contaminated area.
- If you have a cough, fever or difficulty breathing, see the doctor as soon as possible.
- If we visit a market of fresh food or animal products, or even some bonding with live animals, we must follow general hygiene measures, such as disinfecting our hands, avoiding touching our faces.
- Do not eatraw or undercooked animal products.
On the other hand these are the tips if you are going to travel:
- If we notice symptoms of fever, cough or difficulty breathing, either before or after traveling, we must go to the doctorand explain if we have already made the trip, what has been our route.
- Avoid visiting Hubei Province, Wuhan. In addition, China has already established quarantine measuresin the affected area to control the epidemic and has closed tourist attractions in some regions.
- Avoid crowdsand crowded places.
- Protect us from the cold, ventilatethe houses and take good personal hygiene.
- Wear facial masksthat are of a single use. Although in this sense experts recommend doing only for those affected, so as to avoid spreading the or for people with respiratory problems
- Discard the tissuesafter using them only once.
- Avoid eatingmeat or eggs undercooked.
- Avoid contact withlive or dead animals, domestic or wild.
- Keepa meter away, approximately, among other people.